Monday, June 23, 2008

I need some "Santa Claus"





I was busy doing my everyday chores of washing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen with my back to Evan. Evan chatters incessantly, and I am very thankful for that blessing, but occasionally I do tend to "tune him out". This was one of those days and it was several minutes of "chatter" before my brain began to hone in and understand what Evan was repetitively saying...."Mom, I really need some Santa Claus. Mom, Mom, I need some Santa Claus. Mooooooommmmmmm, are you hearing me? I NEED SOME SANTA CLAUS!!! Ok, now he had my attention, and when I turned around, all potential frustrations just fell to the ground when I realized what "santa claus" was to Evan at that moment....it was hand sanitizer. Just like his OCD mom taught him, when your hands are dirty, get some sanitizer. So, Evan was trying his hardest to reach the "santa claus" and just needed a little help from Mom. It will be way too soon when Evan doesn't need help getting some "santa claus", and so I helped him with the Purell and then helped myself to a little dose of Evan- complete with hugs, tickles and many kisses. Thank you, God for reminding me that we can all live life just a little slower. Thank you, Father, for this grand opportunity called Motherhood....it is truly amazing!





No comments: