Wow!! I cannot believe that my firstborn is already five years old!! I know everyone says that, but I really feel like it was mere moments ago when Hugh and I brought Tanner home from the hospital, sat his infant carrier holding his sweet, sleeping little self on the living room floor, and looked at each other wondering what to do next. Well, in spite of us, he has managed to make it to five and we couldn't be any happier with the young boy that he is!! Tanner initially wanted his birthday party in the backyard- like last year. It was a great party last year- waterslides, a visit from the firemen of the Brentwood FD, and kids just made it a great day. However, this birthday was sandwiched between a week of Vacation Bible School for me (teaching 20 kindergarteners a day for 5 days and lesson plans for each day) and then leaving for the beach for two weeks. This made having a backyard party with 15-20 of Tanner's little buddies running all around, a little daunting for me. So, we gave Tanner some choices for an "away party" and he chose Glow Galaxy. The best thing about an "away party" is that you get to go to a venue, have a blast, and then leave without the obligation to clean up....see you pay them to do that for you. It is truly a beautiful thing. Tanner could hardly contain himself the day of the party and couldn't wait to get to Glow Galaxy. This place is really "totally cool" - to quote my five year old!! It is a glow in the dark mecca complete with putt-putt golf, inflatables/slides, basketball shoot, dodgeball dance floor, and air hockey. I could hardly wait to release my inner child in that place and it was so fun!! (That is one reason to have kids right there....a free pass to act like one on any given occasion!!) Tanner had the time of his life and was the star of the show as the party pro made him the center of attention. He got to pick all the games, when they did what and even got to run into the "Galaxy" first through a tunnel of his friends as we all chanted "Tanner, Tanner, Tanner". It was great! I highly recommend it for fun and for parental ease. Check it out at http://glowgalaxy.com/
Tanner had a wonderful time with all of his friends and got some great gifts! His favorite gift so far seems to be his roller skates and skateboard that mom and dad got him, followed closely by his Wall-e toy that he got from Evan. I know, how could a nurse/mom get roller skates and a skate board for her five year old son? Well, note all the protective gear that Dad got him above and let's just say we already know some of the staff at the ER from Tanner's first trip to get seven stitches at age 3, so it will be like visiting old friends.......just kidding.
Thanks to everyone who made Tanner's fifth birthday so very special....he is still talking about it!!
2 comments:
I cannot believe how big they have both gotten. Tanner looks just like you I think. I'm so glad you've started this blog.
Love ya,
Brandi
Now that I have looked at the rest of your blog, I really think Evan looks just like you!!! Him singing is adorable.
Brandi
Post a Comment