I have to say, I LOVE SNOW!!! Almost as much as I love Fall!! I know it creates headaches when you have to go to work and it can really make you stuck at home when you really need to be out, but isn't that just what makes it so beautiful?!?! I mean, it instantly makes everything clean, calm and quiet....three of my most favorite things!! December 11th found me bustling all about preparing for the 2nd Annual Nelson local light looking, which is quickly becoming a family tradition where we rent a 15 passenger van and ride around with various Christmas treats looking at all the lights around town. We had so much fun last year and I was so excited about it this year, I thought I was gonna burst! I paid no attention to all the "weather talk" all day...those meteorologists just live to make me so excited that some "white stuff" might fall, but then it usually does not, and I am deflated for days afterward. So, I went about my busy day of preparing for a fun outing for all the family..including cousins- which delighted the boys!! Well, it began with sleet and then the most ginormous snowflakes I have ever seen fell so fast and furiously, the ground was covered in less than an hour. Everyone was finishing their chili and putting car seats in the big van, when we all sort of noticed that the ground was white...the streets were white...everything was white and it was still snowing!! We were sure that big van could still get us around, however, so we bundled up, the guys put 5 carseats in the van and we slowly started to make our way out of the neighborhood. We didn't even make it out of our subdivision...the "big van" just couldn't make it up our snow covered hill and we slid down it a few feet backwards before we realized there would be no light looking that night. We did pass a few houses in our neighborhood that were really decorated nicely, but it just wasn't the same!!
But, this was a little unexpected gift from God...and since everyone was snowed in at my house anyway, we made the best of it by eating lots of treats we would have eaten in the van while we played games and laughed at our change of plans. The next day was so much fun for the kids...no school and sledding!! It was great!
But, this was a little unexpected gift from God...and since everyone was snowed in at my house anyway, we made the best of it by eating lots of treats we would have eaten in the van while we played games and laughed at our change of plans. The next day was so much fun for the kids...no school and sledding!! It was great!









2 comments:
I wish we would have gotten that much snow. The ground at my house was still brown/green grass. You're not alone, I wish it would snow 3 foot!!!!
I am so jealous. You would think here in Knoxville we would get some snow. We got nothing. It was everywhere around us. Glad you guys had fun in it.
Post a Comment