You know, it just wouldn't be Christmas without some Christmas crafts...especially the sweet edible ones that always seem to show up around this time of year. My latest idea for "crafty fun" was creating edible snowmen out of powdered doughnuts and doughnut holes. The hats were oreo cookies topped with a Reese's peanut butter cup. The boys had a great time, but the frosting proved to be a little lacking as an edible glue, and well..........
I always stop and pick up doughnuts after I work a 24 hour shift...the boys LOVE my coming home even more when I have Krispy Kreme in hand! Of course, the snowman doughnuts are out for Christmas....sheer delight!!
The boys got to decorate the tree by themselves this year. It was a little hard for me at first (control freak that I can be), but watching them beam over their accomplishment made it a bit easier. The best part was watching them put no less than three ornaments on one tiny frasier fur branch...I still crack up whenever I look at our tree. It is so cute...and way too funny!!
What was I thinking???
See?!?! This little branch has at least five ornaments on it...six inches to the left...bare bones...no shiny bit of ornament in sight. I just love the perspective of a child!! And isn't Christmas really all about a Child anyway?!
Merry Christmas everyone!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!
3 comments:
Your tree looks so pretty. I think it is so precious to watch little ones put the ornaments on the tree. I love those snowmen too, I will have to try to make those. If I find a better glue substance I'll let you know!! haha
I think your tree is beautiful. It is hard to let the kiddos take over the decorating duties but they love it so much. I love your craft ideas. You are just the most fun mom around. Hope you guys have a blessed and Merry Christmas.
Too cute! Your tree is beautiful and all that more special knowing your boys did the decorating.
Post a Comment