Wow...it has been a long time since I have blogged!! I think between the holidays, getting fixated with the Twilight series books, and trying to get all of my pictures organized on web albums, I simply forgot about the blog. So, now I set about the daunting task of trying to catch up. Don't worry...no marathon blogging here...just gonna hit the highlights and bring us up to speed.
December 19th found us celebrating Evan's third birthday. Evan got to decide how we spent that entire day and he chose lunch at McDonald's (of course) followed by some fun at the bowling alley! He was so excited....and LOVED bowling.
Christmas was such a wonderful family time for us this year. We usually keep it very simple and try to keep focused on the thankfulness of Christ's birth. About the only thing we say we never do at Christmas is travel. We really like to be here and spend as much time together as we can. This year, we went to the Opryland Hotel to see the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve, and we had such a good time that we think this will easily become a yearly tradition for us. My parents used to take us every year and I had almost forgotten how magical and fun all of those lights can be. The boys had a great time- especially the Delta riverboat ride!! We ate lots of gelato as our night drew to a close and headed home with two very sleepy boys who were so excited for Christmas morning. They woke up around 6 a.m. on Christmas morning and couldn't wait to get downstairs to open their presents. The boys get three gifts on Christmas morning- symbolic of the three gifts that Christ received from the Magi-and they had asked to pick them out themselves this year, so they knew exactly what three gifts they were receiving, but this did not dampen their excitement for the moment at all. Wrapping paper flew as Tanner revealed his John Deere tractor and trailer, a battery powered triceratops, and a new Thomas engine named Stanley. Evan was so excited to see his new diecast Nascar car, his new Thomas engine named Hank, and his new Thomas the Train waterfall track. They were occupied with these wonderful new additions to the playroom for the entire day and night.
I would post pictures of Christmas morning, but I lost a ton of pics while trying to create all my web albums. Yes, I have grieved (:....but at least I still have two amazing boys that I can continue to capture at very special moments in time...and attempt to be more savvy when it comes to technology next Christmas(:
1 comment:
I really like his birthday cake. He is so big now. They both are. I really hope you had good holidays!!!
Sorry that you lost your pics but you're right, you have the most important reason for the pics with you everyday!!!!
Post a Comment