Today was Colonial Day at FCA. Just look at my cute little colonial boy :-)
The costume was his least favorite part of the day, but check out all the other cool things they did....
made marbles...
made homemade beeswax candles...
practiced sewing a quilt piece...
punched "God bless this home" into a pie plate...
And received an original handmade soap from colonial Williamsburg!
Whew! Those colonial peeps got a lot accomplished in a day:)
But what's all work and no play? DULL, right?!?! That's why the day ended with some good old-fashioned colonial partner dancing with the upper elementary kids (Tanner) having to teach the lower elementary kids how to do the dances. I heard about this all week from Tanner, who could not fathom how learning a dance, with a girl, of all things!, could count as physical education. "One day you will like it, I say." "I will never like dancing with a girl!", he retorts.
Um. Ok. I hope I get to remind you of that emphatic statement someday!






No comments:
Post a Comment