It was the first "half day" of Kindergarten last week...and we all survived!!! Wow! It is really here, isn't it? Well, the beginnings of it are really here. The first full day of Kindergarten actually begins on Monday...from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. ... five days a week...every single week...fall break isn't until October...excuse me, I need a tissue....
No, I really did ok. You know, I have talked to God about these days for some time now. It feels like you are losing all control when your little one spends the majority of his awake time each day in someone else's care and sphere of influence. But, really, that's not true....and that's what God has been gently reassuring me of these past few weeks. Tanner is really His...and just on loan to me and Hugh. God is with Tanner always and this is just the first part of a series of "faith checks" that I will go through, where I must trust that my God is as big as I know He is and that just because Tanner isn't in my immediate presence daily, he is always in the immediate presence of God. Just speaking and writing those words brings me a 'peace that transcends all human understanding'.
Now this is Tanner in his true form....watch out Kindergarten...here he comes!!




2 comments:
He is so cute. I love the family pic. He'll do well because he has a great Mom!!!
Can you imprint this post on my heart so I never forget it? What a beautiful view of our crazy world!
Post a Comment