It's really funny to me how life changes with kids. I mean, REALLY changes. Friday, October 3rd, was the tenth anniversary of our wedding day. Ten years!! I really can't process that. And I really have to honestly say that God blessed me with the most amazing man as a husband and father to my boys, that it really takes minimal effort on my part to be married to him. Thankfully, God granted Hugh the patience of Job...
But, we still found ourselves reminiscing on the past ten years over lunch....at Baja Fresh...with Evan...who was very whiny and grumpy since we had drug him all over creation running errands...did I mention this was on our 10 year anniversary??? Who runs errands on their ten year anniversary? Weren't we supposed to be back in Europe re-living our honeymoon at ten years?? Well, maybe we said that, but it's just different now. First of all, I couldn't imagine being in Europe and my boys being here. And secondly, Hugh and I are much different now than we were ten years ago. Our needs are different, and with kids, our needs are pretty much always secondary to theirs, anyway. So, this anniversary we laughed a lot about where we found ourselves ten years into our marriage, but we really found ourselves just being amazed at what God has done in our lives...and amazed at how content we really were to just hang out together and think about how great it is to have our lives....our marriage...our home...our boys. God is so good, and I think this just might have been the best anniversary yet!!
So, our needs aside, we ended up at the Shrine Circus on Saturday afternoon. (Well, we did do a little bit of our "needs" first as Hugh and I ran the 5k for Race for the Cure and my parents kept the boys for us(: See, it just changes. 5K means a race at ten years for us...not a new ring the size of my head. ha ha ha...those of you who know me well know it NEVER would have been that kind of ring anyway)
So, after a little exercise, we were off to the Municipal Auditorium for some circus fun. I was skeptical of the whole thing (beginning with the event being held at the Municipal to remembering those "most shocking" videos of elephants gone wild!), but Hugh was as excited as they come, and it was contagious. We found our seats and some snacks and settled in for the entertainment. It was soooooo great! The boys were mesmerized by everything they saw...and so were we. From the tigers and elephants, to the clowns, to the motorcycles, and the man being shot out of a cannon, it was very entertaining and lots of fun! I laughed out loud the other day when I heard Tanner and Evan pretending to be the concession guy at the circus and were yelling, "cotton candy, cotton candy" in very deep and hearty voices....it never ceases to amaze me what sticks with the kids!!


1 comment:
OK I read your blog after I had already posted my entries. We both went to the Shriner's Circus. I think it is a pretty good circus. Glad you guys had a good time. Your boys are so funny to be mocking the concession stand guys. Too cute.
Congratulations on 10 years of wedded bliss. You guys are the sweetest couple and so lucky to have each other and your two precious boys. You truly are blessed.
Post a Comment