
You know, it's hard to be a mom and to find creative ways to continue to fill your children's lives with God. It's in the daily little things for sure, but it's often good to make it a determined, planned, cherished part of their lives as well, and I need a lot of help in that department. Thankfully, I follow some AMAZING blogs of Christian women who instill God into their homes and their children in such creative ways that it often moves me to try it myself. This particular post spoke of creating a "quiet reflection spot" where your kids could come and go at will and read their Bibles and have some God-time. So, with a couple of bean bags and candles, I made the

boys a little spot. I showed them the space that was all their own, that they could use at any time, just call me to light the candles for them. There was a little notepad and "repentance bucket" where you could write (or draw pictures) of what you wanted to tell God you were sorry for and then crumple it up and put it in the bucket. This symbolized our forgiveness of sins when we repent....gone...thrown away by the Father who remembers them no more. They both used it and occasionally still do.( I just happened to catch little Evan on this day). I love to hear a little voice call out in the middle of the day, "Mom, can you light my candles? I'm in the quiet



center." I bet God loves to hear them too!!
1 comment:
This is wonderful! What a great idea. Your boys are so blessed!
Post a Comment