And what a sacrifice it was...well for two of us anyway!
So if you know me well, you know that I loathe McDonald's and believe that they still serve "pink slime" disguised as chicken nuggets. Thus, we NEVER eat at the above-mentioned establishment, but I just happened to see that the current happy meal toy was Pokemon, and with the "pink slime in a colorful box" meal, came a Pokemon figure and trading card. My boys are just infatuated with all things Pokemon, so I decided a one-time trip to this place was a warranted sacrifice for the coveted Pokemon trader.
As I steered the swagger-wagon into the home of the red-headed clown, the boys were shocked, to say the least, but only Tanner was disappointed. Evan could barely contain himself or his taste buds as he envisioned the cheeseburger and fries in his happy meal, and he let out several squeals of delight to show his excitement. (I think he really had more excitement for the food than the Pokemon...truly!) Tanner, and myself, however, just couldn't get past the image of the pink slime and decided on the apple walnut salad and some fries. I purchased a happy meal toy, minus the happy meal, for my eldest child and we settled into our booth for lunch. We laughed, talked Pokemon (as much as I could), and had a great summer memory, but vowed that we would visit the next McDonald's drive thru to see if any new Pokemons were out and simply order two happy meal toys...minus the happy meals!
Friday, June 22, 2012
The sacrifices we make.....
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment