Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pure sweetness....

January is the month of check ups for our family. I'm not even sure why it falls this way, but it is a month that we go to the dentist and to the pediatrician for routine checkups. Yesterday, we had dentist appointments for both of the boys. When you endure the chair for the cleaning, you get to go to the prize box at the end of your visit. (Now, I use the term "endure" loosely. If you count lying in a chair watching Spongebob while your teeth are being cleaned enduring something, then....well, you get my point.)
So, the cleaning was finished and Evan proudly traveled to the prize box to pick out his prize while I checked out.  Just before I finished making our next appointment, Evan surprised me with a beautiful piece of fine jewelry( pictured above ).... The rarest of rare type, that can only be found in a prize box. My heart melted. Such a sweet gesture of selfessness.  One trip to the prize box. That's all you get. One prize. That's all you get. And this sweet little boy chose to give his prize to his mom..... these precious moments change you forever.
Thank you, Evan. You may never truly know what your gift meant to me..... But I know.....and will try to never forget.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments: