Evan, I was so very proud of you tonight. Awana challenges you to be in the Word and to memorize the Word...you did both and you did it very well. You finished the 3rd grader book, which meant you memorized over 80 Bible verses....really?!? That blows my mind. But you do have a knack for it and I am envious. It seems to come so naturally to you to memorize scripture...even the book, chapter and verse! You earned "Awana bucks" throughout the year for your efforts and you were able to shop with wild abandon at the Awana store. A camo basketball caught your eye, which totally didn't surprise me, but when you picked up the only two basketballs at the store, I was surprised that you wanted two of them. So, I had to ask why you wanted to spend your bucks on two basketballs, when you very quickly told me that the camo one was for you and the multi-colored one was for Tanner. I hugged you so tightly as my eyes filled with tears....one for your brother...with your hard-earned bucks. There was no talking you out of it. You, Evan, are simply amazing. So proud of you!



No comments:
Post a Comment