Monday, August 3, 2015

We got a puppy!!!!

I know.....I'm still having trouble believing it myself. But after Flyer died, it was all the boys could talk about. I was so skeptical, but one can only hold out for so long when the other three people in the house are definitely pulling for the puppy. So began our search. We looked for several days and fell in love with a few cuties along the way, but it was a yellow lab mix named "Blanket" that stole our hearts instantaneously. So, we told the boys that this new family member would be their responsibility entirely, so they did what they had to do to prepare.....
they made a list!

We were so enamored with her that we (meaning me), didn't realize she was in a shelter in Birmingham, Alabama! So, of course, we made a mini vacay around picking up our new family member.
ROAD TRIP!!


a stop at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens....free






Dinner at Babalu- so good!!


And then we met sweet Piper...named entirely by the boys














She's a hot mess, but we love her to pieces!


Some days I even let her be my substitute teacher! :)




No comments: