Here are some pictures of him at a recent playdate...
So, I had to take some time last weekend to hang out with Tanner a little bit...just a little "one-on-one" time. We loaded up in the car and headed out on an adventure to anywhere that Tanner wanted to go to find the ultimate treatie and hang out together for a little bit. He decided that he wanted to pick out some candy- a treat that the boys were introduced to on vacation this year. My parents used to always let us pick out some sort of goodie at a gas station or rest area stop while we were traveling. We did this with the boys on our beach trip this year. I guess I had never realized that the "candy walls" at most gas stations would be topic of conversation between the boys for weeks after our trip ended! They were fascinated...and so much so, that this was where Tanner wanted to go for our time together. I just had issues with taking him to the gas station, so I thought a trip to Candy Craze in the mall would be a little bit more in line with our outing. He was thrilled!! With small plastic bag and scoop in hand, he went from one end of the store to the other putting all sorts of sweet, and sour, treats into his bag. We paid for our candy and copped a squat outside the store where we enjoyed the sugar rush and a little bit of convo about Kindergarten and how things were going. It was a great couple of hours that went by way too quickly for my liking. We headed home after FOUR trips on the escalator and navigating the mall without stepping on "the lines on the floor" only to have Tanner's last request be to go through a car wash before our day ended. How cute is that?!?!? And we did need it desperately, so we did it...at the home depot car wash...which did a really good job and the soap squirts out in red, blue, yellow and green- a definite highlight to the trip for us both!
Here are some pics of the car wash!
This "shadow picture" was a random picture I took as we were walking to our car from a pool party. I noticed Tanner was looking up at me asking me a question and with camera in hand, it was so easy to snap a picture of it! I thought it was so sweet.






1 comment:
"Radish" that is so cute. It is amazing what kids say sometimes. I love that Tanner wanted to go thru the carwash. We loved to go with Daddy to wash the car. One of my favorite memories is visiting with my Grandparents and they had a little store across the road from their house that they would give us money to go get us some candy. It was such a big deal to pick out whatever we wanted and to cross the street!! whoohoo
Post a Comment