Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Autumn.....

I just have to take a few moments to say how very elated I am that Fall is here!! There is not a single thing about this time of year that I dislike...probably why it is my most favorite time of year. Yes, I am a little sad that the "pool days" are over and that skin blemishes show up more on that "less than tan" skin, but the crisp mornings as the sun comes up, the warm smell in the late afternoon air, the anticipation of the leaves changing color, and soup are definite highlights of the onset of fall....Yes, I absolutely LOVE what I call "soup season". I have to be crafty about it, though, because Hugh hates soup. That is hard to write. How could anyone hate soup? But he does not eat that food genre....and it is so sad. So, me and the boys have it whenever we can and I'm not talkin' that canned concoction...I mean the slow-simmered, makes the whole house smell good kind of soup....homemade and oh so delicious.
I sure hope you all are enjoying the wonders of the best season that God created, in my opinion. I know things are really crazy with all the financial crises and political stuff right now, but just take these times as opportunities to step out of the world for a bit and relish in the wonder of the natural world that God created out of sheer love for us and to watch us delight in it. I am so comforted by the fact that God has told us there is 'no new thing under the sun' and no 'trial or tribulation that will ever overtake us- that He will not provide a means of escape'. It is a trying and often scary time, but trust in the Lord your God to be as faithful today as He always has been....He appoints all kings and rulers and He changes the seasons and the times...and He makes the sun rise every single morning.....I think He's got this one under control too!
God bless!

2 comments:

Brandi and Ray said...

You are great!!!
Brandi

Julie said...

Thanks for sharing this post. I, too, love fall and all that comes with it. You described it so perfectly!!