Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!

I am about a month behind on blog posts...so nothing new(;...but I had such a good birthday, that I had to write about it even though it was a month ago. I got back from the gym on the morning of my birthday to find fresh, fragrant lilies (my favorite flowers) in a vase with a gigantic homemade card that the boys had made. It was so wonderful to have my birthday begin that way. The boys were determined it was going to be a great day for mom- complete with "Barbies and pink stuff if you want it Mom", Tanner told me. You know, these days, it is quite a sacrifice to get these two boys to allow anything girlie or pink in the house, so I was honored. Tanner even suggested he stay home from school that day in honor of my birthday.....nice try, buddy, but we will celebrate after school(:
And celebrate we did! They were so excited to prepare me a gourmet dinner of cormeal crusted chicken breasts, steamed broccoli with pine nuts and rice. I wasn't even allowed in the kitchen during preparations and it was wonderful!! They followed that fantastic meal with a PINK strawberry cake. Check out the pictures below of them frosting it. Well, Tanner did most, if not all, of the actual frosting of the cake. These pictures were not taken in rapid succession, but notice what Evan is doing in every single one of them....tasting the frosting. Tanner was getting so frustrated that Evan kept eating the frosting in fear that there would not be enough left to actually finish my cake. But, there was and it was both delicious and beautiful. I had a great night feeling like a princess...well an old princess anyways!!
Thank you, boys, for an incredibly thoughtful and precious birthday celebration. I loved my giftcard to the salon!!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brandi and Ray said...

That is so sweet. Sounds like you had a great birthday!!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!