Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sprayground fun!

This was certainly a fun adventure with Aunt Sushi and Oliver in East Nashville. Who knew there was a sprayground there, and to be quite honest with you, who even knew what a sprayground was?!?!? But leave it to Aunt Sushi to know every little nook and cranny of East Nashville and to give the boys an afternoon of pure spray delight! It was the neatest concept...except for the concrete.....and maybe the spraying water in the eyes of children that might throw off their balance or even erase any and all peripheral vision they ever had....and did I mention the hard, wet concrete...remember those famous last words, "Hey guys, don't run?!?!!" Well, I say it a million times at every trip to the pool, but this happened to be a sprayground, and Oliver had just taken his first solitary steps, and I was grabbing my new phone to capture it on video since Steve was out of town, and Evan had just come out of one of the spray things squealing with delight with eyes obviously full of water and lacking any sort of vision at all and yes, I forgot to say "don't run" and yes, he ran smack dab into little Oliver....at full speed....no brakes applied...and poor little Oliver's head met the concrete with a whack that caused me to almost inhale the phone in my hand! There was very little crying for a one year old and he seemed to be fine soon enough with the addition of a very large goose egg on the back of his head. Evan had chest and belly scrapes and he cried for what seemed like an hour! The weirdest thing was that I caught the whole thing on tape!! (which I have since erased and will NOT show here since most everyone who saw it later said it made their stomach hurt!!) So, everyone mended their scrapes and shook off their near concussions and continued to enjoy the sprayground!! It was a lot of fun....a lot of stressful, "who needs to go to the ER" fun, but FUN!!
Oh, and lest I forget to mention it, Suse was about as cool as I have ever seen a mom....Oliver's first big "hurt" and she was as calm and experienced as though it had happened a million times before! Very impressive...she was just meant to be a mom!!











No comments: